The TOM BRAXTON Dossier
HOME BASE: Dallas, TX
INSTRUMENTS: Soprano, Alto, Tenor Saxophones, Flute, Keyboards, and Composer
COLLEAGUES: Earl Klugh, Keiko Matsui, Wayman Tisdale, Peter White, Rick Braun, Jonathan Butler, Jeff Golub, Marcus Miller, Dave Koz, Kirk Whalum, Warren Hill, Brian Culbertson, Candy Dulfer, George Duke, Aretha Franklin, Luther Vandross and Philip Bailey.
- Headlined First Smooth Jazz Europe Festival (Hengelo, Netherlands)
- The Nile Gold Jazz Safari (Kampala, Uganda)
- Las Vegas Jazz Festival
- Arizona Jazz Festival
- Featured performer on the Smooth Jazz Cruise (2005-present)
- With Earl Klugh - Africa and Japan tours and numerous US performances including the Blue Note in NYC, Jazz Alley and the Birchmere.
- With Keiko Matsui - Japan, Malaysia, Russia, and Eastern Europe tours and numerous US performances.
COLLABORATIONS: Bob James, Earl Klugh, Peter White, Kirk Whalum, Wayman Tisdale and Michael Manson
- Pacific Coast Jazz release Endless Highway reached #21 on the Billboard Top Contemporary Jazz Album Chart
- Endless Highway singles, "That Wayman Smile", and "Open Road" made waves on numerous jazz charts including SmoothJazz.com, Groove Jazz Music, RadioWave, Smooth Jazz Now and Capital Jazz Radio.
- Tom was featured on the cover of Smooth Jazz News magazine, The Saxophone Journal and featured in Jazziz.
- TV appearances include CBS's The Saturday Early Show, BET's Jazz Central, TBS, TNT, ESPN, NBC's Inside Stuff, ABC's Sacramento and Co., and Good Day Dallas.